Taking a leaf from Derek Featherstone. I have decided that its a good idea that I should at least try and document (publicly) my goals for the next 12 months. I don’t usually even privately both with this type of thing and just let the New Year slide on by. But I believe I need to mentally organise my normally chaotic mind.
For 2007 I’m going to at least attempt:
- Do more networking outside of the web community (not that I don’t love you guys).
- Drink less (well try too).
- Sleep more and consume less coffee / Red Bull / Pepsi Max.
- Work out how to work smarter not longer hours and implement it.
- Get organised.
- Hire good developer and CSS people.
- Leverage the weekend back for the family and I.
- Read more tech books cover to cover.
- Stabilise the business income.
- Take up public speaking.
- Do less coding and more consulting.
- Write more (hence what you’re reading).
- Don’t read blogs during the day.
- Watch less TV.
- Attend at least 2 conferences this year.
- Take up rock climbing (just need a partner or a belayer).
- Get those decent pair of road blades.
- Take more photos.
And here are a few that I really wish I could get to:
- Get back on the bike and do more road cycling.
- Read for pleasure.
- Draw and paint for pleasure.
- Write fiction.
- Take up Kung Fu.
- Learn to play the Sax (okay its really dorky I know).