Back at the start of year I documented a list of possible achievements for the year of 2007. Well we are now well and truly past the halfway point, so now is a good time to review.
- Do more networking outside of the web community. – Achieved
- Drink less alcohol. – Achieved – not drinking at all during the week now.
- Get more organised. – Partly – I know what I have to do, it’s just a case of doing it.
- Hire good developer and CSS people. – Partly – may have the developer bit fixed.
- Read more tech books cover to cover. – Achieved
- Stabilise the business income. – Achieved
- Take up public speaking. – Achieved
- Write more. – Achieved
- Watch less TV. – Achieved, down to 2-3 hours a week.
- Attend at least 2 conferences this year. – Achieved, or will be come the end of September.
- Take more photos. – Achieved, getting a good DSLR did help.
- Sleep more and consume less caffeine.
- Work smarter not longer hours and implement it.
- Leverage the weekend back.
- Do less coding and more consulting.
- Don’t read blogs during the day.
- Take up rock climbing.
- Get those decent pair of road blades.
And still this list remains unobtainable, mainly due to lack of time more than anything.
- Get back on the bike and do more road cycling.
- Read for pleasure.
- Draw and paint for pleasure.
- Write fiction.
- Take up Kung Fu.
- Learn to play the Sax.
Or maybe I’m just setting unrealistic goals. What do you think. Do we have a habit of setting goals that are unachievable?